Old February 19th 11, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default the oldest sailplane manufacturer

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 16:10:10 -0800, Dan wrote:

On Feb 18, 3:09Â*pm, Slawek Piela wrote:
Which one is the oldest?
Not that it matters very much but I find conflicting info on
manufacturers web pages ...

Any one ever cared to sott it out?

perhaps Schleicher, Founded by Alexander Schleicher in 1927

I've seen 1926 quoted, and continuously existing ever since. Has produced
sailplanes continuously since then apart from the years between 1945 and
1951, when the Occupying Powers forbade aircraft production. See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexand...er_GmbH_%26_Co

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK