Old May 28th 18, 08:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Trailer license problem

On Monday, May 28, 2018 at 2:54:23 PM UTC-4, Tom BravoMike wrote:
On Monday, May 28, 2018 at 1:49:13 PM UTC-5, PapaTango of Indiana wrote:
I purchased a glider. FAA registration was done with the FAA bill of sale, had no problem. The trailer and the glider are in Pennsylvania, have no license plate and have only a 10 years old registration from Florida. It never accrued to me that my Indiana state license office will not accept the FAA bill of sale for the license plate application. Good lesson to you all, to have a separate bill of sale from your own state’s official motor vehicle form. Now, I have to chase the seller from overseas to sign a new form. However, there are more issues. This trailer never had a title being registered in Florida and Indiana will not issue a new license plate without a title and that local bill of sale. Many things could be done if the trailer would be back in my home state. I am trying to tow the trailer home soon and not hand it over to a commercial shipper. You guys must know something how to get a temporary sticker or something from PA. Do I need a temp travel pass from each state that I will cross? How does this work?
Thank you for your time!

Can't you register it as a 'new' home built trailer?

That was my back up plan. For home build trailers the state (IN)) require a new vin number application and install, a new "court order title, (timely), an official state scale to verify the weight, and a on site inspection by the police. I have to do all these things after I got the trailer back in state.