Old May 28th 18, 10:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Todd

Default Trailer license problem

Michigan will issue a PERMANENT plate (around $70) to non-residents. Cost based on weight (so empty everything out) and get certified weight ticket. Then register it as a home built.Check MI Sec of State website for details.

Personally, no one every looks a trailer plates so go get the glider and deal with the plates later.I drive my camper around with out plates all the (don't keep plates on camper as they were stolen once. Some states do not even require plates on non-com trailers. a real mish-mash or laws. (Like KS has no registration as long as loaded trailer is under 2000 lb)