Old February 27th 04, 04:53 PM
Dennis O'Connor

Just a minor point... The "signal strength" bars are actually data
reliability indicators... So, a satellite that is relatively weak but the
signal is stable and you are getting a solid data stream recovery will show
a high "signal strength". A satellite that is stronger but having a lower
reliability of the data string for various reasons will show less "signal
strength"...

The only analogy I can think of at this moment is listening to someone
whispering to you from across a silent room, perfectly audible - versus a
rock concert where someone can scream at you from 2 feet away and still not
be understood...
denny

"Ron A." wrote in message
When I put my stick antenna from my III Pilot on my 196 it locks much

faster
and the signal strength of the satellites is almost double per satellite.