Old August 15th 04, 03:22 PM
Guy Elden Jr.

"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message
online.com...
At most presentations that satisfy a part of the WINGS program, you can

pick
up a little card. This has spaces for completion of the three required
(not alternative) training "sessions". Get these completed (by one or
three instructors), and send it to the FSDO. They send back a letter and
form that make me think that far too few people are doing this.

I'm not sure what one would do w/o the card, but perhaps the FAA web site
has a form for this somewhere.

BTW, when I last asked about this there was some debate if the fourth hour
was required for non-seaplane non-IFR pilots. I don't recall (1) whether
you're IFR rated or (2) where TEB's FSDO stands in this.

I am IFR rated, but definitely don't mind additional training. I've wanted
to participate in Wings for a while now, and have done two of the ASF online
presentations. I wasn't able to find any specific information on the program
though until I saw the link at the end of the second presentation, which is
basically a reprint of the advisory circular. I'll try to dig around on the
FAA web site and see if I can find a form to use for the endorsements. If
that doesn't work, I'll give the FSDO a call and see if they can help. (I'd
rather mail the documentation in, and the only way that would work is if the
instructor(s) don't endorse my logbook... no way I'm mailing _that_ in! :-)

Thanks for the clarifications from everyone... 3 hours covering PPL and
Instrument basic skills sounds like a good substitute for a BFR to me!

--
Guy Elden Jr.