Old May 26th 05, 01:54 PM
Papa3

I use the "tube-within-a-tube" model with good results:

- Two different diameters of semi-rigid polyethylene tubing
- Outer tube glassed into fuselage bottom (turned a small flange out of
thin plywood steamed to match curvature of fuselage, epoxied tube into
flange, then glassed whole thing into fuselage - just to be sure)
- Nested (inside) tube can be extended about 8"-10" into slipstream
- About 18" of flexible rubber tubing connects inside tube to catheter,
allowing you to stay "hooked up" for the entire flight

I had the rudder off this fall for some tail ballast mods, and there is zero
corrosion on the tailwheel or rudder hardware. Same for the main gear.
Plus, it drains completly due to the orientation of the tubes (ie. no sags
to promote pooling).

Only trick is to remember to retract the tube prior to landing.
Otherwise, you get a literal demonstration of the term "stepping on it."

P3 (or should I say Pee3)

"Andy Blackburn" wrote in message
At 04:30 19 May 2005, Bumper wrote:

Okay, I posted some pics to the glider forum. Look
in albums by 'bumper'
/relief system.

Anybody ever run water with colored vegetable dye through
one of these to see where the fluid actually goes?
I've heard stories of pee getting sucked back into
the rudder bellcranks and hinges with highly corrosive
effect.

9B