Old February 13th 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell

Default Police Chief vows to deploy an unmanned aerial vehicle despite contentions

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 14:20:22 -0800, Jim Logajan wrote
(in article ):

Larry Dighera wrote:
[ Quoting from an article by J. D. Gallop: ]
"We control the airspace, and we control who can fly what, where,"
said Les Dorr, a spokesman for the federal agency.

Um, that statement makes a seriously incorrect claim by the FAA. Flights
routinely enter the airspace at arbitrary times and relatively arbitrary
places without any specific permission requested from the FAA for those
flights.

I believe this is what is known as "regulatory overreach."

No, but they do control the airspace, as provided by Congress. And they do
control who can fly and what they can fly. The statement is quite accurate.

The FAA has allowed, up until now, radio controlled aircraft to fly. Guys
like this police chief could get them all grounded.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor