Old August 23rd 18, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Default ASW 27 wing tip wheels

On Wednesday, August 22, 2018 at 12:25:21 PM UTC-5, JS wrote:

I've seen some custom wheels built on to the existing tip skids, two varieties.
The "Walter Quitt" wheels that Rex Mayes put on my 29 are great. Don't seem to do anything to performance, but help with ground handling. Williams Soaring Center sell the kit for I think $175 a pair.
Just uploaded a photo to the "Miscellaneous" photo album of the ASW27 Yahoo group (group link below).
Jim

The ASW27 Yahoo group is a great resource.

I installed the wheels made by Rex Mayes. Works well. I like that they are attached using double faced tape (I use a good thick 3M product) which can "break away" without worrying about taking a chunk of the wing with them. My $0.02.

John OHM Ω