Old November 30th 03, 07:18 PM
BTIZ

interesting... this is I presume with the flap lever in the "extended and
locked position".. I've flown Sports and Sundowners and never had this
problem.. I "expect" that it is very much the same mechanism on various
Piper models to include the Twin Seneca.

now.. this type of flap can "extend" based on pressure applied externally
(tail wind, hand pressure) and when the props starts fanning the wings.. the
new air pressure is enough to cause a retract..

is there an "air load" on the flaps lock in flight to keep them from self
retracting?

BT

"Jim Besselman" wrote in message
The flaps on my Sundowner behave the same way and have ever since I've

owned
the plane. I had the A & P that did my prebuy check it out and could find
nothing wrong. I also found an entry in an old squawk booklet that noted

the
problem. The maintenance responce was that this was "Normal". The air
movement from the prop is sufficient for them to retract. I am interested

in
what your A & P says.

Jim

"A Lieberman" wrote in message
.... dont retract "on their own".

Beech Sundowner.

I will be talking to my A&P tomorrow, but just curious if anybody knows
whether I am talking major expense or something simple like a spring
that pulls the flaps up that came loose in the innards of the wings.

A gentle nudge on the outside and they go up. No rubbing or noises
noted.

Allen