Old May 29th 05, 05:11 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Gary Drescher" wrote in message

I think what Antoņio was asking for was a regulation to support the notion
that a pilot can or must refuse an ATC instruction just because compliance
would violate the FARs. That is, what regulation says that other
regulations take precedence over 91.123b (which requires compliance with
ATC instructions, except if there's an emergency need to deviate)? As far
as I can tell, there's no such regulation (although AIM 4-4-1a,b and
4-4-6c are at least tangentially relevant).

From FAA Order 7110.65:

"Pilots are required to abide by CFRs or other applicable regulations
regardless of the application of any procedure or minima in this order."

http://www.faa.gov/atpubs/ATC/Chp2/atc0201.html#2-1-1