Old February 1st 19, 12:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
gkemp

Default Surfing and Soaring?

On Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 4:26:39 PM UTC-7, son_of_flubber wrote:
Does anyone who's done both seriously care to contrast the two?

I've only read autobiographies of ocean wave surfers, but there seem to be some points of contact in terms of motivation, the experience, the quest, the immersion, the risk taking, the weather, the places, the compulsion, the high...

i've done both, surfed and built boards in the '60's. Many similarities. Nature's force propels you, out in the great outdoors. Surfing was cheaper. As I got older my fake knees wouldn't work so I couldn't surf anymore and I retired, as planned, from soaring when I was 70, I miss both.

gkemp