Old November 29th 17, 04:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

Default LX S80 or ERA 80?

I installed an S8 two years ago. At the smaller 57 mm size, the navigation screens aren't much help but I really like the 4 data options in each of the task and navigation screens.

I have linked the S8 to my Flarm and an Oudie 2. As opposed to a previous post, I use the Oudie 2 almost exclusively for navigation with the S8 as a backup (I think the Oudie 2 "programming on the fly" is much easier than the S8.)

I use the S8 primarily for vario functions and some Flarm display. (Flarm is also shown on the Oudie 2.)

I tried really hard to fit the S80 into my panel but just could not make it work.

As always, YMMV -

Lou