Old January 17th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Sticking Lycoming O-360 valve again?

Mike H wrote:
: Take a good look (or have someone take a good look) at your exhaust system. Our
: Archer seemed to have lost power and kept getting worse. Everything seemed normal,
: except I'd guess it was lacking 20 - 30 HP, but was using fuel at almost the
: 'normal' rate. We finally looked at the exhaust and found that it was coming apart
: internally and some of the loose pieces were effectively blocking the exhaust flow.
: Since these pieces were loose and moving around, the effect was worse at some
: times than others. Had the exhaust system rebuilt and it performs as good as ever...

: Mike Pvt/IFR PA28-181 at RYY

There's an AD against the exhaust IIRC. I know we've checked it in the past, but it has
been awhile.... worth looking into. We very well may have it off if we're messing with the
valves anyway...

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss *