Old January 8th 05, 04:23 AM
Jay Honeck

My GPS keeps losing it's mind. On my trip back from California a couple
weeks ago, and then on my last trip down to Shreveport, LA last week, my
AirMap 300 loses it's position and goes into a cold start. Sometimes it
picks up again, sometimes not.

This was the first symptom of our 300 losing its ability to "find" the
airport data card.

Have you tried moving the card around, or uninstalling/reinstalling it?

Interestingly, now that ours can NEVER find the database (it's now just a
plain, old vanilla GPS, with the base roads and rivers) it never cold starts
anymore. It locks on and stays locked. (And we've programmed a bunch of
airports in as waypoints, just like the old days. The 300 is now a backup
to our AvMap.)

Don't bother asking Lowrance about the problem -- they don't support the 300
anymore.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA