Old January 10th 05, 09:06 PM
Dave Butler

Brinks wrote:
My GPS keeps losing it's mind. On my trip back from California a couple
weeks ago, and then on my last trip down to Shreveport, LA last week, my
AirMap 300 loses it's position and goes into a cold start. Sometimes it
picks up again, sometimes not. On the way down to Shreveport, I left it in
the cold start for a little over an hour. Suddenly, out of nowhere, it
finds itself again and is perfectly happy for a while. Then, it's back to
Cold Start. Sometimes powering down and back up help, sometimes not. It's
getting to be pretty annoying. Does anyone know if this is a problem with
the AirMap, or if there's a fix for it (short of buying another GPS)?
Thanks!

Could it be related to RFI from your Nav/Comms, say when a particular frequency
is tuned?

As soon as you change frequencies (radar handoff or next VOR) it comes back to life?

Just a suggestion that costs next-to-nothing to try. My Garmin 196 is affected
this way by certain VOR frequencies tuned on the KX-155.