Old September 30th 14, 03:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

Default Badge flight start/finish question

Hi Joe -

I prefer the line option. I believe it is 1000m max or 0.61 miles.

Be careful when you put this into something like an Oudie. You enter 0.31 miles. That translates into 0.31 miles on each side of the line or 0.62 miles total.

I hope this helps -

Lou

On Monday, September 29, 2014 8:26:51 PM UTC-5, joesimmers wrote:
I am hoping for a shot or 2 next month to attempt a 1000k badge flight.

I realize that the turnpoint or turnpoints need to be

an FAI 90 degree sector.

What about start and finish, I plan to use the gliderport for my

start and finish, does this also require the 90 degree sector or

is a line required?

If a line is required what is the max width of the line?

Thanks for any info, Joe