Old September 30th 14, 12:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

Default Badge flight start/finish question

On Monday, September 29, 2014 9:26:51 PM UTC-4, joesimmers wrote:
I am hoping for a shot or 2 next month to attempt a 1000k badge flight.

I realize that the turnpoint or turnpoints need to be

an FAI 90 degree sector.

What about start and finish, I plan to use the gliderport for my

start and finish, does this also require the 90 degree sector or

is a line required?

If a line is required what is the max width of the line?

Thanks for any info, Joe

Info is on the SSA website here http://www.ssa.org/BadgesAndRecords and your specific questions are answered in detail in the badge and record procedure guide here http://www.ssa.org/files/member/B&RGuide_2_2012.pdf

Understanding the rules = fewer disappointments.

best,
Evan Ludeman / T8