Old January 24th 04, 02:16 AM
colin.

"marc" wrote in message
m...
| Have a trip coming up via Continental Express on an Embraer RJ135.
|
| Haven't seen one. From a seating chart online, it looks like the front
two
| seats on the right side will have more leg room. I'm 6' 5" and dread the
| cramped seating.
|
| It also look like the seats in front of the over wing emergency exit might
| have more spacing. Row 9, I think.
|
| Are my assumptions right? Are the front seats for the attendants?

I've been in two ERJs (AmericaWest/Chataqua) and both journeys were
coincidentally in row 14. One in A (single, right of cabin) and one in row
C (double, left of cabin).

DO NOT SIT IN B/C. The legroom SUCKS. In all seriousness, I'm only 5'10"
and it was THE most horrendously uncomfortable 2 hours I've ever spent on a
plane.

There was no room under the seat for my bag, and it wouldn't fit in the
overhead locker. I had to put it on the floor and put my feet on top of it,
which meant that I couldn't have the tray down because my knees were in the
way.

Seat A was a far different experience. There was plenty room for my bag
under the seat in front, and while legroom was still cramped, I could stick
my feet out into the aisle so it wasn't that bad.

So my advice, try and get a seat in row A, if you can.