Old December 5th 20, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
India November[_2_]

Default Oudie 2 profile examples

On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 9:33:52 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Paul
I've been a SeeYou mobile user form the start.
On page 1 I set up the nav boxes for cruising, whether it be a racing task or a OLC day.
On page 2 I make sure I have my Track function turned on and have the zoom set to .5 mile.
When I start to thermal I switch to this page and my circles show up and I can see the drift and the strong areas. Color code this track and you can see the stong areas easily.
I personally don't use the graphic Thermal maximizer, but I do use the "Bell" audio function of the thermal maximizer that rings 4 secs before you hit the strong point of your 360.
As Tango Tango mentioned, SYM has ALOT of options, learned most of them sitting in my chair watching TV with the current manuel nearby. Take your time, it will take many sessions to learn all the options, but well worth it!
If your trying for OLC points make sure to turn the OLC track function on as at the end of the day you need to " Close your triangle" If can see the start of your OLC track its easy to CTT.
There is a tutorial out there on the internet on setting up SYM, I'll try and find it and post the link.
Nick

A couple of years ago I changed to an Oudie and SYM from my previous setup with Winpilot on a PDA. I found flying Condor and driving the Oudie with the simulated NMEA out was a great (and safe) way to learn the software and set it up to your preferences.

Ian IN