Old November 14th 08, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303

Default Super fast assembly and launch...

On Nov 14, 1:09*pm, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Nov 14, 12:54*pm, KevinFinke wrote:

...Has anyone with one of
these modern ships ever had a problem that was discovered during a
PCC?

It's rare, but I have seen it happen: Chad Moore discovered a broken
center elevator hinge on PCC of the auto-connecting elevator on his
Russia. Pulling the stick back would push the elevator aft without
deflecting it up.

Thanks, Bob K.

Kevin and Brad, I am one of those safety primates, I just don't make a
lot of noise about it. Although I did get a lecture about that 130
knot contest finish.

DG300's are supposed to be auto hookup, but Dan King told me about
managing to get the tail on without the bearing getting into the
funnel, making the elevator useless. That is one failed hookup I don't
want to make. I think the thing about saftey as you're either becoming
more safe or less safe over time, and if you stop thinking about it
then you're probably becoming less safe. The other thing is to weigh
the cost, and the cost of a positive is very low in terms of time and
probably could have been done by that team with no increase in time.

Personally I find safety excites me.