Old September 17th 15, 09:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default Dittel or Becker?

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 19:24:48 -0700, David MacVeigh wrote:

I'd like to hear reasons for and against the purchase of Dittel or
Becker transceiver for my Libelle.
suggestions?

In the running are Becker AR 6201-022, AR 6201-122 and Dittel KRT 2
Gen.2.

I'm coming to the end of my second season of using a KRT2 in my Libelle.
The KRT2 replaced an ATR-500 (upgrade for 8.33 channel spacing reasons)
and, apart from an initial fault which was repaired promptly (same radio
returned after a firmware upgrade - it still had my frequencies in it)
has been trouble-free ever since.

I find its dual frequency listening feature very useful due to nearby
USAF bases and a fairly busy civil airport (biz-jets and training
traffic).

I can't really comment on power usage because I carry 2 x 7Ah SLA (stood
on end in the standard battery compartment with a custom lid that doubles
as a mount for my EW Microrecorder, held in place with extended hold-down
screws.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK