Old April 18th 04, 02:04 AM
Matt Whiting

"Matthew S. Whiting" wrote:

wrote:

"Matthew S. Whiting" wrote:

Yes, I did that for years when I owned my 182, the the comment said the
"average" G/A guy. The average G/A pilot doesn't fly IFR very often at all.

Matt

If that's the case, why does AOPA continue to push so hard for all those GPS approaches
to small airports?

Because they support all GA aviation, not just the average 182 pilot.

Matt

Earlier you said "average G/A" pilot, now you're saying "average 182 pilot." So, does that
mean that G/A, overall, needs all those small airport GPS approaches?

I was following the comment that was in an earlier message in this
thread, that I think you wrote, that said "The average G/A guy who flys
a Cessna 182 100 hours a year doesn't begin to pay for the system."

Matt