Old August 22nd 03, 09:50 PM
Dan Luke

"Brad Z" wrote:
After taking off, I contacted the departure freq on the approach chart for
0W3. The controller chewed me out for departing VFR, made a comment that

it
was unsafe, and sent me to another frequency. I tried the new freq, and
this controller chewed me out even further, refused to get my clearance,

and
told me I should have gotten it on the ground.

I've had similar problems with the Houston TRACON, and they don't have the
excuse of a bunch of red hot TFR's, ADIZ's, etc. to deal with. They do NOT
like pilots picking up their clearances airborne off satellite airports.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM