Old January 29th 05, 10:30 AM
André Somers

Michel Talon wrote:

Yes, this says nothing about the propension to spin. People have discussed
thoroughly this subject here, let me say that if a glider has a confirmed
propension to spin, first people will be killed, and second, clubs will
not buy it, whatever its qualities in other domains. Clubs don't want to
kill their members, and lose their gliders. If the Diana happens to be
both expensive and dangerous, it will not sell, period.

Sure, like that is the only aspect clubs evaluate. How many clubs fly
Puchacz, Junior, DG-300? A lot. Do they spin? Yes, they do. And these are
only some gliders I have spun personally. I don't think they are dangerous
because they can spin, and considdering the number of clubs that fly these
gliders, neither do "the" clubs. If you do, why don't you buy yourself an
ASK21 and leave it at that?

André