Old April 30th 12, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default Any EASA problems with USA glider licence?

On Monday, April 30, 2012 2:14:17 AM UTC-4, POPS wrote:
Question for the Europeans -or others- that know the facts, only the
facts ma'am....:

What happens when a US pilot shows up to fly in Europe, like Germany
Austria and Switzerland for any number of months? Perhaps joining a
club to help facilitate things.
Any preparation to be done here in the US beforehand? Medical required
over there? Language barriers based on required reading/testing?.....

What lays ahead. I hope it's not a insanely massive paperwork chase
like other stuff I've ground through over there.
Thanks

--
POPS

When I did this in the UK a couple of years back, all I had to do was to have a medical form equivalent to a commercial driver's license certification from a doctor. The piloting part was actually quite easy to get done.

P3