Old April 18th 07, 10:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
William Black[_1_]

Default Airline passengers subsidizing private aviation

"TMOliver" wrote in message

"William Black" wrote ...

Oh come on.

Tata just bought British Steel.

Laxmi Mittal just bought Arcelor.

Let me know when an Indian buys US Steel...

Well, I suppose that as parlous a shape as they are in, US steel companies
sell at a far higher price than the rusting hulks of the once modest
simply deteriorated British steel industry. Just as the UK's automakers
were sold on the Sheriff's stoop to furriners, now you all are selling off
the rest of the patrimony

We've worked out that we don't care who owns the place, after all, we used
to own a third of the planet and it didn't make us rich.

What matters is where the jobs are...

Oh yes, and being able to have a really good party...

It's far easier to "make a bundle" in the US real estate market than by
purchasing US steel companies, and had you traveled in the US in recent
years to catch the smell of curry drifting from the owner's apartments in
all those small town motels, you might better appreciate the extent of
Indian investment

The US currently has a far higher Indian population than the UK.

Indeed it's twice the size.

This is a recent phenomenon. The demographics of the US Indian population
is also radically different to that in the UK.

But London remains the biggest Indian city outside of India...

--
William Black

Time for tea.