Old June 26th 18, 04:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default cleaning confor foam

I had a blue confor foam pad in the seatpan of my my glider. I landed in Cordele right before a massive rainstorm, so the inside of the cockpit got wet.
The foam sat wet for two weeks and got moldy/mildue and smelly.
Do you know of any way to clean it?
By its very nature it is very porous so the amount of surface area is huge, and probably beyond hope, but thought I'd ask if anyone has ideas on how to save it?

It does not look bad. Soap and water helped some on the smell but how would it ever dry out without growing more mold?

Best I can tell Urethane is not negatively affected by bleach so I may try to soak it in a 10% solution.

--

Chris