Old October 6th 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default AFSS response time

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 13:32:52 GMT, Larry Dighera
wrote in :

LOCKHEED MARTIN: AFSS PERFORMANCE IS IMPROVING
(http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#196306)
Right up front, we'll say we've heard the same complaints about
Lockheed Martin's handling of the Flight Service Station contract as
everyone else: Long wait times, dropped calls, lost flight plans and
briefers lacking local knowledge of the areas they cover. Lockheed
Martin's Dan Courain, the company's VP of aviation services, says he
has gotten a similar earful and at AOPA Expo on Thursday, Courain told
AVweb that LockMart is doing something about. Specifically, it has
rewired the call waiting system to delay bumping of calls from their
origination area to other parts of the system, where briefers may be
umfamiliar with local landmarks, airspace and conditions.
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#196306

AVWEB'S AOPA EXPO 2007 PODCAST #3:
LOCKHEED MARTIN SAYS AFSS PERFORMANCE IS IMPROVING
(http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#196307)

(http://media.avweb.com/banmanavweb/a...umber=6800 16)

(http://media.avweb.com/banmanavweb/a...umber=11757 0)

Anyone who's gotten a telephone preflight briefing during the past
year knows that Lockheed Martin has had its troubles in delivering
this important service to pilots. At AOPA Expo this week, AVweb's Paul
Bertorelli asked Lockheed Martin Dan Courain what the company has done
to improve its service. Here's his report.
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#196307