Old December 14th 07, 05:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Sims

But you must keep in mind that you can sim as a substitate for flying a real
plane, or you can sim as a replacement for flying a real plane, depending on
what part of flying you enjoy.

I've done both. Simming is not as fun for me, period. Especially if
you enjoy more than just straight and level flight. Simming will never
be as good for me.

All I think about right now is: how can I do this more often.

I don't care if it's expensive -- I'll do what I need to do. Share an
aircraft with others, build one, WHATEVER it takes.

I flew the other night and the complete serenity of the flight itself
was unsurpassed. I'd had a tough week at work -- but everything was
gone up there in the black. I went where I wanted. Even ATC shutup
when I got far enough out from class C.

Until you actually fly a plane you have nothing worthwhile to say
about comparing them.

The sim is cool but it doesn't even come close.