Old January 23rd 04, 12:48 AM
Jeb

"Jim Fisher" wrote in message ...
"OutofRudder" wrote in message

They obviously want nothing
further to do with me -- why? for taking a stand about my own safety?

Sure sounds like it.

However, one just has to question why your CFI (whom you pay), the FBO (whom
you pay), and the owners (whom you pay) all seem to be against you in this
matter. If everything you say in this post is absolutely true then I'd tell
all of them to **** up a rope. Then I'd tell any students that use this
outfit your ordeal and do my damndest to put them out of business. My
conscious would not let me be idle while when lives are at stake. This kind
of treatment is ridiculous.

However, Occam's Razor suggests that there may be more to your story than
you elude to here. Perhaps you approached all these people in a less than
diplomatic manner. Perhaps the problems aren't quite as serious as you
describe. Perhaps you are generally a butt-wipe and hard to get along with.

Sure doesn't sound like it in your post but perhaps an honest assessment of
yourself is warranted if you wish to continue your training.

. . . And perhaps not. Just go somewhere else.

I witnessed last month one of the most appauling exaples of behaviour
by a CFI. I was in the study room minding my business when mature
student came in with his CFI. The CFI immediately began the debrief
with a verbal assault. He accused the student of lying to him when it
appeared that when flying a manoevre the student was under so much
pressure he said yes to soemthing when he meant no (we have all been
there). At this stage I had to leave the room because it was so
embarassing. It was embarrsing for me to have to listen to such a jerk
but it was even more embarassing for the student (aged 50) being
spoken to by a 25 year old snot.

Half an hour later I went back and the abuse was still going on.
anyway it eventually stopped and when we went off for a coffee I said
to the student that the CFI was lucky because if he had spoken to me
like that then I would have decked him. He is like me we fly for fun
and having some jerk behave like that is one way to decide to spend
your money elsewhere. I suggested that he ask for a new CFI because
there was no viable relationship between them.

How much of a jerk this CFI turned out to be was as the school was
closing he went out to the aircraft to switch off the fuel cock on the
152 with the aim of catching the student out in the morning.

Anyway I rang the student and tipped him off. Next thing I knew he had
changed to my CFI who was OK but then I had to break him in a bit
about attitude. These hour builder CFIs dont take the time to learn
about people.

I wandered of the centerline on one night take off and he said that
"they must have put a new runway in down there". I was a bit busy so I
said what do you mean? he said you have moved off the center line. I
said OK, if thats what you meant to say then cut out the sarcastic
remarks.

It bad enough learning to night fly without having to decrypt riddles
and cryptic clues. If CFIs need to get off on sarcasm they they should
quit instructing.

After all, they need the trainee pilots more than the trainees need
them.

Now there are many CFIs who are just great where they have the art of
communication down to just that an art. My best ever CFI was an
elementary school teacher. He could teach, his explanaitions were
clear, his demonstrations matched his explainations and he could fly
really well. But as a communicator he has never been surpassed yet by
any other instructor I have had the pleasure to fly with. One has come
close mind you and he was taught to instruct by this guy.