Old January 1st 04, 05:38 AM
Gerry Caron

"John Roncallo" wrote in message
om...
Ron Rosenfeld wrote:

Not at all.

There was extra hardware required for my installation including a
compatible blind encoding altimeter ($350), a dual VOR, dual G/S

diplexer
($158) and miscellaneous parts ($500). Labor figure was 45 hrs @

$60.00.
The bottom line was $12,308 installed less $1,500 credit for a KX155wG/S
that is being removed. So my cost will be $10,808.

They are also removing my DME, moving my ADF to the right hand stack,

and
moving some units around in the center stack where the CNX80 is going.

Where is this being installed. I got almost the same price quote to
install a UPS GX60 about 6 months ago here in CT. I beginning to think
it's worth flying out of state to get a more realistic price.

Ouch. Less than 2 years ago, our club Cheetah got a new stack -- GX-60,
SL-30, and SL-10; replacing the original Collins Microline nav and comm.
Total price was about $13K. Had it done at Eastern Avionics in Punta Gorda
FL.

Taking out the SL-10 and SL-30 would save $5k in hardware alone, not too
mention the time to install these two items; so a realistic price for a
GX-60 alone should be in the $8K range. Sounds to me like your shop just
doesn't want to sell you a GX-60.

Gerry