Old December 21st 03, 03:49 PM
Ron Natalie

"Andrew Burke" wrote in message
Of the current crop, I'd say the Beech 1900D. Nose wheel RIGHT at the

nose,
the cockpit looks like it's from another plane, as does the passenger

door,
all those appendages around the tail...

Ah, it's not all that bad. The real ugly ones in my opinion are the
BAC-146 (kind
of cool looking, sort of like a miniture C5, but not pretty) or the DASH-X
line.

The Fairchild/Swearingen Metro is a really elegant plane, but is one of the
more
uncomfortable things I've ever flow in.

For the big boys, the DC-10/MD-11 Engine #2 really looked like a wart
compared
to the L-1011 configuration. The 737 is rather unelegant either with it's
squashed
engine nacells on the older variants or the out of scale bypass fans on the
newer one.