Old January 12th 04, 01:00 PM
Bruce

We must be lucky.

Average age 40 although most of us are no doubt unattractive to the
opposite sex ;-)
We try to make the club a place where we are happy to bring our kids
(mine are 5 and 9) and where the nubile ones are not harassed. We have
three members under 20, and a number in their 30s although most of us
are in the 40-50 range.

We have managed to eject the undesirables, gently. (you don't have to be
old to be a duffer)

Acceptible social behaviour somehow always becomes an issue when you
have too many of the testosterone challenged (well it's making my hair
fall out) in one place. That's why I said I'm hoping for a change in
culture as we get the number of ladies up. Funny how far a little
respect and diginity go.

Bruce

Owain Walters wrote:
I think its more to do with the fact that as soon as
a female turns up at the airfield she has 30 dirty
old men trying fondle her.

Gliding men are, in general, sad old men who have forgotten
that they are no longer attractive to women under 30
( or to be honest any woman of any age). If you would
like proof of this then turn up to any gliding club
in the UK where a University Club flies (i.e. to provide
a steady steam of women as test specimens) and watch
the old duffers try to grope them.

It is truly a disgusting spectacle to watch.

Owain