Old June 17th 05, 04:27 PM
Mike Rapoport

The encoder is indeed separate from the transponder. It is a little box
attached to the static system that converts pressure information to an
electrical format that the transponder can understand.

Mike
MU-2

"A Lieberman" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 03:56:36 GMT, Mike Rapoport wrote:

A new encoder is only $160.

Mike
MU-2

Mike,

Is the encoder a separate component of the transponder?

Or am I paying labor for it to be installed into the transponder?

If I remember correctly, the estimate was about $400 for the overhaul of
the transponder, which I thought the encoder was inside the unit? I just
remember something like $600 for both, and I figured labor would jack it
up
to $1000.

Allen