Old October 31st 03, 03:13 PM
Lynne Miller

I think it is very safe to fly the airplane with two VORs and ADF, if
you are a proficient instrument pilot. This was done for thirty plus
years prior to GPS coming into the cockpit without much problem.
Remember, GPS is still a rather new invention when it comes to
aviation usage.

Lynne

"Guy Elden Jr." wrote in message ...
It may be
legal to fly in instrument conditions with two VORs and an ADF, but is it
really safe if you're the only pilot in the plane, weather is forming all
around you, and you have to hand fly the plane? My instructor is definitely
of the opinion (and I share the same view) that it is not.