Old October 27th 10, 12:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default CAI 302 date problem

On Oct 26, 4:08*pm, Bernie wrote:
I flew yesterday (26 October) and had two hours, later I used the
Cambridge utility on my *PDA to download the flight log from the
Cambridge 302.

First thing I noticed was that the utility said the flight was 111
hours long, and that the date of the flight was 21 October.

I later checked the log file in See You and it thinks it was 21 Oct.
also.

I then noticed that I had not reset the date in my PDA after replacing
the battery a few weeks back, it thought it was 2002.

However I can't see how the date in the secure .igc file could or
should be affected by that.

The only other thing I can think is that when I last flew (17th Oct ),
I flipped the master switch off rather than doing an orderly shutdown
on the 302.

Any ideas?

Is the C302 internal battery OK? Does the data in the file look OK
when you look at the flight in SeeYou? Did the Cambridge utility
complain about any security failures? I'm curious and will look at
the file - if you want to attach the file to an email and send to me
(or try posting it on OLC).

Darryl