Old November 29th 03, 07:54 PM
Jerry Springer

G.R. Patterson III wrote:

Ben Jackson wrote:

I've just left it turned off but I can't tell if it's due to an old
database or bad antenna or what.

LORANs work just fine with old databases. Many of them have an internal battery,
however, and when this goes dead, they don't work.

George Patterson
Some people think they hear a call to the priesthood when what they really
hear is a tiny voice whispering "It's indoor work with no heavy lifting".

That is true, my Flybuddy quit working and I called Applo/Garmin/UPS to see how
much it would be to fix it and they said $250.00 just to look at it and replace
the batteries. I opened it up myself and found the internal batteries. (there
are two in the Flybuddy) I got the numbers of the batteries and then went on the
internet and found the same batteries for about $8.00. It was a very simple
matter to un-solder the old batteries and solder in the new batteries. Now my
Flybuddy GPS works as good as it did new.

Jerry