Old August 22nd 18, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default What magic do the JS3 and Ventus 3 have that the ASG-29 Does not?

On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 5:43:13 PM UTC-7, Brett wrote:
No, I am not. Okay, perhaps I am on the high side by $20,000. If you
have never ordered a new glider, budget twenty percent more than you
price it out. In September of 2015 a new well equipped ASG-29Es
delivered to Houston was $194K. A worse exchange rate, a yearly
increase in price, shipping costs will be higher, new model base price
increase...several years wait with more yearly price increase.
EVERYTHING is an option that costs. If you are ordering a new 15/18
German or South African glider with a turbo for delivery in three years,
it could get really uncomfortable if you do not have the better part of
a quarter million dollars budgeted. I have ordered several new gliders
and have always been unpleasantly surprised at how much more they cost
than I had priced and how much longer they took to arrive than promised.

Well with respect Jonathon I have a pretty good idea of the costs, being
that I have owned two new JS1's, and currently own a JS3.
Oh, and I am also a Jonkers agent with current price lists.

Regards, Brett

--
Brett

Brett, nice to make your acquaintance. You represent a very fine product. Glad to hear that the gliders made in South Africa are less expensive than the German made gliders, as they should be since the labor rates are less than half of that paid in Germany! However, when I priced your fine products the price was comparable to the German products. Sounds like you are offering to clear this up. How much would you advise a client to budget for a JS 3 ordered today equipped with: retractable tail wheel; sustainer jet; leather interior; LX9070 w/V80;LX S3; Air-Avionics Butterfly, Trig radio; Trig transponder ADS-B out; PowerFlarm; winter airspeed; winter altimeter; Cobra trailer with SL; tow out gear; tail dolly; covers; one man rig; shipped to Houston?