Old November 9th 18, 10:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Walsh

Default Any news about the new 600kg Microlight/ultralight in Europe?

At 07:25 09 November 2018, krasw wrote:
On Friday, 9 November 2018 01:09:47 UTC+2, Martin

Gregorie wrote:
On Thu, 08 Nov 2018 22:20:24 +0000, Dave Walsh

wrote:

This is exactly the sort of thing that one expects with

"European
Harmonisation". If you think it looks a mess try re-

registering a
German
glider trailer as a French one. Two countries with a

common border, 40+
years to get systems harmonised, in reality a

bureaucratic mess!

That sort of nonsense isn't the personal property of the

EU, French or
German bureaucracies. Its common to all bureaucracies

world wide.

In my experience anyway, it peaks in the Indian and

British civil
services, where I'm uncertain which is the worst or who

picked up the
most bad habits from the other. In all cases the actual

job is not
relevant: what counts is who has the biggest/most

important department
and, among anybody above Higher Executive Officer

level, playing
dominance games with one's peers.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Historically (pre-EASA), in gliding world, UK has been land

of free like no
other for gliding. Or at least that is my impression. Maybe

you are heading
to that direction again?

Very good! Is this an example of European humour? From
where I live it looks like we are heading for some degree of
chaos. Even mundane driving licensing looks problematic let
alone pilot licensing. Just hope I'm wrong again.