Old December 6th 05, 10:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default (Mini-500)I want to build the most EVIL plane EVER !!!

:Mr. Cicarre and the later Ch-7 Angel's manufacturer's had better
:quality manufacturing facility and personnel than Fetters did. Fetters
:had problems with blades that bowed like a banana, rfames that cracked,
:bearings that gave out...etc.

And these problems killed engines?

A vibrating rotating system takes a lot more power to achieve a RPM than the
same system without vibration.

The common thread in the saga of the mini 500, is that there were many
poorly manufactured and machined parts, and that the vibrations were nearly
impossible to eliminate.

So you take the same design without vibrations; without vibrations because
parts are machined to higher tolerances, an perhaps some key parts are
"stouter" but of the same basic design.

Now the engine does not have to run overstressed (because of the lack of
vibrations), it will continue to run reliably. Parts don't fail because
they are not shaken to failure.

Accepting this premise is contingent on accepting that a non vibrating
system will run more RPM's with the same power compared to a vibrating
system. It is true, but I don't have time to look up cites, right now.
--
Jim in NC