Old April 24th 04, 07:06 PM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 20:54:39 -0400, Roy Smith wrote:

How does it know what the wind is?

My club has the CNX-80 in four of our planes now. It's a cool radio,
but there is certainly a learning curve. I've got about 25 hours behind
box now, and havn't learned everything there is to know about it yet.

I don't know that it knows the winds. But it knows the ground track and
ground speed. It probably assumes a constant airspeed and makes
computations that way. It was interesting seeing the *shape* of the
holding pattern (as drawn on the screen) change.