Old July 23rd 18, 08:51 PM
POPS POPS is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
How does one go about having insulation installed inside an aluminum trailer?
Are there specific spray-on materials that are commonly applied that auto repair/painting shops would know how to work with? Are there some specific materials one should avoid? Seems like the material needs to be fairly abrasion resistant. Is the outgassing of some materials potentially damaging to a glider?

All the glued on carpet in my trailer is falling off for the second time and I do not look forward to redoing it all when a spray insulation may do double duty as padding for the glider bits and pieces.
Well.... I didn't use spray foam because of the permanence of it and once you pull the trigger you are not going to be able to clean up the potential of a horrific mess.
I did however line the entire interior with 3/4" cut and fit, foil lined foam boards.
Foil was positioned in the 'up' position, pushing back at, and stopping the UV from entering the trailer and touching anything in the interior. The surface temps are way way down now. Interior temp meets the ambient air temps of course, but not much more. The little mouse I found kick'n it recently would probably agree too. Very inexpensive, it was a day job, and if the next guy can't deal with the WTF fit and finish of it all .... remove it all in a few hours.
Started out as an experiment, turned into another permanent work-around/jury-rig. Did I mention cheeeeeeap ...