Old November 2nd 18, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Refinishing Ventus b Fuselage

Yeah, sorta.
;-)

Yes, lots of work if done right. I have seen the process, usually around for the final stages.
Peeps that think, "sure, I can get it done for a grand or two", is hopefully looking to unload quickly.

While I have little experience in some newer outer coatings, doing gelcoat finishing is like polishing granite with wet toilet paper.
Maybe have a crew of females (not politically correct) so when they sand, they can chant, "I must, I must, I must build my bust....".
Yes, lots of work, even with machines.
Sheesh, anyone that has gone through it and it lasts more than a couple years, labor is the main issue.
Period.