Old September 5th 12, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Don Burns[_2_]

Default Another stall spin

Can you tell us how many off airport landings you have made using this
technique? ABOUT 60 IN 23 YEARS

My experience is that any distraction will result in the speed
trending towards the trim speed. Off airport landings are often high
stress and therefore a continuous distraction. I would never
deliberately fly an approach out of trim. Too fast can be a bigger
problem than too slow. I CONSTANTLY CHECK THE AIRSPEED DURING THE APPROACH

AND HAVE NOT HAD A PROBLEM WITH TOO MUCH AIRSPEED. I BELIEVE MOST SPEED
RELATED AVIATION ACCIDENTS RESULT FROM FLYING TOO SLOW NOT FROM FLYING TOO
FAST.

Andy (GY)