Old October 23rd 03, 10:43 AM
Seraphim

"Christophe" wrote in news:bn6dv5$pk9$1@news-
reader3.wanadoo.fr:

"Cub Driver" a écrit dans le message news:
(snip)
There must have been close to a million slave laborers (guest workers,
if you prefer) sent to Germany. I've seen newsreels of them returning,
still in their 1940 uniforms.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:
www.danford.net/letters.htm#9

Mmh... we were talking about WW1, not WW2.

No we wern't.

John said:
For sure, but not (with all respect) in the second.

With "the second" refering to the second world war. The focus of his
whole post was the 2nd war.

Do wich you responded:
Figures dont't really agree, you know. France sent 8,410,000 soldiers

the front. Out of them, 1,357,800 were killed and 3,595,000 wounded.

The
only country that suffered higher losses in this war was Russia.

These figures have nothing to do with WWII, yet you used them to try to
counteract the argument that the french didn't really fight in that war.

While you may have been talking about WWI, the person you were responding
to wasn't, and it was your responsibility to mention if you were planing
to switch the discussion back to a previous topic (not that the post
would have made much sense that way, as you appeared to be trying to
debunk John's claim that the french basiclly crumbled under the German
attack in 1940, and trying to do that by pointing to WWI is quite simply
stupid).