Old February 20th 09, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Transponder Antenna & Battery Placement Nimbus or DUO

On Feb 19, 2:55*pm, Tuno wrote:
I ordered my ASG-29 pre-wired for a transponder (including antenna)
and was surprised to get a metal external antenna near the main gear
instead of inside the fin. If nothing else I could have used the
additional weight in the tail!

2NO

The ASH-31Mi is the first glider I have noticed Schleicher have
offered this on. Did they ever talk about it being an option on the
ASG-29?

I'm curious what is inside the fin and how well this will work in
practice.

Darryl