Old May 31st 16, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default back up gps?

Avare on an Android device (free, but donations are nice) does not
require cell coverage after you've downloaded every chart imaginable
from the comfort of home. I will be carrying that for my flight in the
Stemme from Moriarty to Minden (tomorrow!).

On 5/30/2016 11:40 AM, wrote:
Ditto on what Bill T said. Electronics are great but they do quit. A sectional or WAC of the area is in my opinion the thing to have tucked in the cockpit. I also have foreflight on my i phone, thats helps too as long as you have cell coverage.
Dan

--
Dan, 5J