Old November 13th 06, 12:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
John T[_2_]

Default NTSB final report on Hendrick crash

"Peter" wrote in message

Unless I am missing something obvious, this sort of thing should not
happen if the pilot has a picture showing his position relative to the
rest of the place.

The picture doesn't always help.

I was once safety pilot for a CFI candidate flying an ILS with a moving map
system. Even though the picture clearly showed the holding pattern, he
nonetheless turned the wrong way to do his course reversal on the wrong side
of the FAC.

My point is this was a simple mistake made by an experienced pilot I trust.
If it can happen to him, it can happen to me - or baseball stars.

Unfortunately, our activity can be quite unforgiving of mistakes.

--
John T
http://sage1solutions.com/blogs/TknoFlyer