Old March 9th 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Default Bad timing...

Sorry about the brake deal. Things like that suck almost as bad as having
them happen "on the road".

I'm incredibly thankful that this happened at home, and not at some
little podunk airport in Oklahoma, where we had stopped for lunch next
Sunday.

Ever try to find emergency repair service on a Sunday? Oh,
wait...we'll always have Dalhart...

:-)

Okay, anywhere OTHER than Dalhart, Texas, losing a brake would have
been a real mess. We'd have been stuck for days, waiting for parts,
and listening to an ever-growing crescendo of whining from the
chitlins...

This worked out as well as could be expected -- as long as Spruce gets
those parts to me tomorrow morning...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA