Old October 30th 07, 02:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian

Default How dangerous is soaring?

On 30 Oct, 13:24, "01-- Zero One" wrote:

Let's be diligent about our safety with procedures, better equipment,
etc. But at the end of the day, it is still going to be more dangerous
than not flying. ...
Is it worth it? Each person has to answer it for themselves.

For me, absolutely.

Absolutely. We must always beware of people and clubs who claim that
"Safety is the prime concern." If they really meant it, they wouldn't
go gliding at all. It's a hobby - for most of us - so fun is our prime
concern, followed by as much safety as we can reasonably fit in.

Ian